Monday, August 11, 2008

Book review - Generation T

I recently renewed my local library membership and decided to take out a few sewing books. First on my list is "Generation T: 108 ways to transform a T-shirt".


Initially, I was very excited to read this book. However after reading the first few chapters, I immediately noticed this book would be better suited for beginner sewers and probably ones under the age of 19. All projects are done using a regular sewing machine, hand stitches, knots or safety pins. Yes, I said safety pins! All the edges on the garments are left raw so you can bet they'll either unravel, curl up or get overstretch after being tossed in the washing machine.

Nowhere in this book is a serger mentioned or even seam finishing techniques like topstitching or even a simple bias strip. My verdict: SKIP IT


Next week, I'll be reviewing "Subversive Seamster: Transform Thrift Store Threads into Street Couture" .


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails