Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Glass jar surprise

For my birthday, I was lucky enough to receive this lovely glass jar with a fun gift card inside from my mom. It was such a cute idea, I figured I would share the steps involved in creating this package.





Supplies:
- standard size mason jar
- 2 piece standard mason lid
- crumpled brown Kraft paper or tissue paper
- 2 x 32" Martha Stewart baker's twine or other funky twine
- shredded sheet music
- gift card

Using a small plate (8-9" in diameter) as your guide, trace a circle onto the Kraft paper and cut out. Place a small amount of shredded paper in the bottom of the jar. Place the card in the center of the jar and stuff more shredded paper on each side and on top of the card until it's no longer visible. Screw lid in place. Place a small piece of scotch tape in the center of the Kraft paper circle and center over the lid. Press firmly to secure. Since the twine was thin, I cut 2 pieces of the same length. While holding the Kraft paper down close to the jar, tie the twine around the neck of the jar and make a bow.










Pretty easy don't you think? My boyfriend also received one with shredded maps instead of the sheet music. Not only do they make a cute present, they also make for a cute decoration. I'm using them on my mantle here.

3 comments:

Bethany Dirksen said...

That is a fun idea! So different than just putting it in a card. Love it!

elisa said...

That's really cool. I'll have to try it... maybe for my husband's birthday?

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

i love this idea - i'm definately trying this idea out myself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails