Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The making of a catnip mouse

I just wanted to share the fun process of making my Parisian Catnip mouse. Most people probably don't realise how much work goes into making one mouse. This time around I decided to make 10 at a time.

My first step is to gather and cut all the necessary supplies; fabric, ribbon, catnip and jute. Some are pretty small like the noses. I always cut a few extras since they seem to disappear when I'm not looking.




Then I sew all of the mouse's accesories to the fabric. I have to make sure to leave a small opening to be able to turn the mouse inside out and then to stuff it with catnip.




In case you were thinking I was drinking on the job, I use the shot glass to measure the catnip. So with my trusty shot glass and measuring spoon, I make sure each mouse gets the same amount of catnip.

On occasion, my supervisor, Melvin, stops by to do a quality check.



Next thing you know, I've already completed 10. After the final inspection, I package them in plastic bags to preserve the freshness of the catnip.




A few of these lucky mice are heading south of the border to a fun boutique in Louisville, Kentucky called the Makery. They are also always available in my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Pegg said...

Wow 4paws what a great posting!! Lots of work for your gorgeous little mice!! You have a great looking supervisor too, he is cute!!

Daisy said...

Your Parisian mice are adorable! Oooh la la!

BeckyKay said...

So, so cute! I should get one for our little kitten!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails